2012 School Annual Education Report (AER) Cover Letter
July 19, 2012
Dear Parents and Community Members:
We are pleased to present you with the Annual Education Report (AER) which provides key information on the 2011-2012 educational progress for the William Ford Elementary. The AER addresses the complex reporting information required by federal and state laws. The school’s report contains information about student assessment, Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) and teacher quality. If you have any questions about the AER, please contact Mrs. Fouani for assistance.
The AER is available for you to review electronically by visiting the following web site http://dearbornschools.org/downloads/cat_view/120-annual-education-reports or you may also obtain a paper copy from our community liaison, Mrs. Wood, in the school’s office.
For 2011-2012, William Ford Elementary made Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) in English language arts and mathematics. While we are pleased to have reached this important goal, we are continuously working to improve. We appreciate the continued support of parents, staff and our community in this effort.
State law requires that we also report additional information.
- Students are assigned to neighborhood schools based on Board of Education-adopted boundaries.
- The Dearborn Public Schools has been awarded unconditional district-level accreditation through the North Central/Advanc-Ed Accreditation Association. This accreditation rating is in effect through 2013.
- Copies of the district curriculum are available through the Department of Instructional Services http://dearbornschools.org/departmen…ional-services.
- Student MEAP results are available for review at https://www.mischooldata.org
- The attendance rate of William Ford’s parents during Parent Teacher Conferences is about 95%.
Congratulations to William Ford’s students, staff and community for their continued progress and successes. The William Ford staff is determined to put forth their utmost efforts and commitment towards accomplishing the highest standards and best outcome for all the students and parents.
Mrs. Nada Dakroub Fouani
William Ford Elementary
14749 Alber street
Dearborn, Mi – 48126
Phone: (313) 827-6400