On Monday from 1:30-3:00, William Ford will hold another opportunity for parents to borrow a Chromebook for the rest of the school year. This Chromebook would need to be returned when students return to school in August. If you do not have any computer in your home for your child to use, or if you have several children in elementary school and only one computer, you may pick a Chromebook from us today. There will be a drive-up service today on Alber St. Stop at a cone, remain in a car, and a teacher volunteer will come to see you and make arrangements. Please note, parents are responsible for the Chromebook, including full replacement if broken.
Families at William Ford,
The Learning Continues! Please see the Video Message from Mr. Higgins about the Continuity of Learning Plan for William Ford. Also, important points from the video are below in English and Arabic. Click the link for the video: https://youtu.be/LugDb3IkC7w
Expectations of Teachers, Students and Parents
- Teachers will…
- Post assignments throughout the week.
- Be available to answer questions during posted office hours or within 24 hours by email.
- Host a minimum of two hangout meetings a week and log student attendance.
- Provide timely feedback to students, including grading assignments.
- Work with families who need alternative forms of instruction, including paper packets.
- Students will…
- Complete and submit daily assignments as instructed by teachers.
- Attend and actively participate in google hangout meetings that the teacher schedules.
- Share learning with parents.
- Email or contact my teacher if they have questions.
- Parents will…
- Provide a space for students to complete work.
- Monitor and ensure students are completing assignments.
- Respond to teacher emails or phone calls, and update contact numbers if necessary.
سيقوم المعلمون ……
* بنشر الواجبات طوال فترة الأسبوع (جمعه). * يكن متاحاً ( متواجداً) للإجابة على الأسئلة خلال ساعات العمل أو في غضون ٢٤ ساعة عبر البريد الالكتروني .* استضافة ما لا يقل على إجتماعي دردشة فيديو جماعية في الأسبوع (جمعه) وتسجيل حضور الطلاب.* تقديم الإجابات للطلاب في الوقت المناسب.* العمل مع العائلات التي تحتاج الى بدائل مبسطه من التعليمات.
* يقوم الطلاب باكمال الواجبات اليومية وفقاً لتعليمات المعلمين .*الحضور والمشاركة في اجتماعات محرك البحث جوجل التي يحددها المعلم.* شارك التعلم مع الوالدين .* التواصل بالبريد الالكتروني مع الأساتذة إذا كان لديه أي سؤال.
الأهالي سوف ….
* يوفر مساحة للطلاب لإكمال الواجبات .*راقب وتأكد من إكمال الطلاب للواجبات المدرسية .* الرد على البريد الالكتروني للمعلمين او المكالمات الهاتفية وتحديث أرقام الهواتف في حال تغيرها اذا لزم الامر.
Dearborn Schools announced the State of Michigan approved Continuity of Learning plan for the rest of the school year. This plan is posted on the district website. The learning plan defines expectations for learning to continue for each school, teachers, students and parents. Together we will continue learning!
Dr. Maleyko posted a very good video explaining the Continuity of Learning plan. The video is about 16 minutes and includes a great summary by Executive Director, Fatme Faraj. You can view this video at this link: https://youtu.be/BBF9D4DigPE.
On the Dearborn Schools District website there are links to all written documents about the Continuity of Learning plan. You may reach this page at the following link: https://dearbornschools.org/services/dearborn-public-schools-continuity-of-learning-plan/.
Finally, on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, Mr. Higgins will post a video summarizing the learning plan and expectations for all. We want the best for all students to ensure they are ready for the next grade level when we return to school in the fall!
Join Mr. Higgins for Storytime on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the new time – 3:00. See the link below to join the story LIVE! Mr. Higgins will start promptly at 3:00!
To Join the Google Meet, Storytime with Mr. Higgins, follow the instructions below:
1. Click https://meet.google.com or enter in your web browser.
2. Click Join or start a meeting.
3. Enter this nickname – storytime
* You will not be able to enter the meeting until Mr. Higgins enters @ 2:50.
Google Hangout Tips for students:
- Take a Look at your video BEFORE joining the Hangout. Make sure that everything in the video (especially the background) is appropriate.
- When you enter the Meet/Hangout, mute yourself (If you are already not muted.)
- When you have a question, type in the textbox and wait for your teacher to call on you.
- When you have something to contribute to what is being said, but it is not your turn, use the chat feature in the right-hand corner.
- Wait for the teacher to call on you to unmute yourself.
- Only one student should contribute/talk at a time
- Look into the camera when you are talking.
- Stay attentive. Pay attention to your teacher or other students who are speaking.
William Ford Parents,
Elementary Report Cards for Marking Period 3 are now available to parents in ParentConnect. See below for information on how parents can access report card data in MIStar ParentConnect.
Please note that if you have more than one child, you should be able to see data for all your children and you do not need separate logins for the different schools (if your children attend more than one school).
To log into ParentConnect you will need your PIN and password. If you have your PIN and password, you can go to the Dearborn Schools’ Website (dearbornschools.org) and then click the ParentConnect link.
If you don’t know your login info, click (Need Your Login Information) link and it will prompt you to enter your email address (use the email you provided to the school and is in our system), and then click Submit. This process will email you your PIN and Password.
Once you are logged in, click on “report card marks” module.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Mr. Higgins or Mrs. Rabac at William Ford’s Google Voice Phone Number: (313) 451-3077. You can also reach us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay home, stay safe and healthy!
Mr. Higgins and Mrs. Rabac
Click on this link to view the William Ford Staff Video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/UxiJwrXBKFM. The video is uploaded as unlisted, which means only those with the link will be able to find and view the video.
On Thursday, April 2nd Governor Whitmer announced that schools in Michigan will be closed for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year. Dr. Maleyko issued a statement about the closure. That full statement will be shared with parents by email, and can be found on several social media formats.
Please know that teachers and administration will be working very hard over the next week or two to plan online and remote learning for all students. Many more details still to come. Some highlights from Dr. Maleyko and the Governor’s order are listed below.
To summarize the Governor’s official, seventeen page order, here are a few key points:
- All public school buildings will be closed for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
- All school districts must develop a plan for continued on-line/distance learning.
- Seniors will be allowed to graduate and students will move to the next grade assuming they are on track to graduate, have met standards, and/or will show they have met standards over the next several weeks via online learning or other methods.
- Assessments are waived (SAT, PSAT, M-Step). Students who were scheduled to take the SAT this spring will have an opportunity to take the SAT which may occur in the fall.
- Food distribution programs will continue.
- The state will continue to provide school aid payments allowing districts to pay staff regular wages/salary and benefits for the remainder of the school year.