If you are an AOL email user, please be aware that you may not receive email notifications due to AOL policies. We are working to resolve this issue with AOL.
Thank you for your patience while we work with AOL to make sure you get classroom notifications from your teacher.
Thank you to everyone who participated in our recent “Join the PTA” challenge! It is never too late to join…registration forms are available in the office.
Thank you Parents and thank you to our William Ford PTA!
September 23, 2016
Thank you for your efforts in helping William Ford get off to such a successful start to the 2016-2017 schoolyear. I thank you for your support and encouragement! As you know, our partnership, trust and support is so important for your child’s achievement.
If you happen to look down Ternes towards Ford Road, I am sure you have noticed the closure of the road, the orange fencing, the temporary fencing eliminating the use of the ice arena parking lot and the heavy construction vehicles. The construction that is currently underway just south of Ford Road on Ternes is now on our section of Ternes. Beginning next week road construction crews will begin tunneling under Ford Road as part of the major water drainage project. Preparations for that tunneling has already started. Once they have completed the tunneling under Ford Road, digging and construction will then take place on Ternes all the way to Alber, and then go west on Alber through the park. The entire project is likely to last through the summer of 2017.
Therefore, beginning today, Friday, Sept. 23rd, Ternes will be closed to cars, walkers and parking until the project is completed. This will affect William Ford in many ways; our arrival and dismissal, the doors students dismiss from, parking and traffic flow.
- DO NOT use the Ternes side of William Ford for arrival or dismissal. The doors on Ternes near Ford Road will be closed until the project is completed.
- For your child’s safety, DO NOT drop your child off on Ford Road. The gate near the corner of Ford and Ternes will remain locked.
- Arrival and Dismissal Plans by Grade Level:
- Kindergarten: Arrive through the front doors, dismiss from the cafeteria. Parents may enter through the front doors at 3:25, go to the cafeteria to collect their child and then exit out the front doors.
- First and Second Grades: Arrive and Dismiss through the front doors at 3:35.
- Third Grade: Arrive/line-up outside of the cafeteria doors. Dismiss through parking lot doors on east side of the building at 3:35.
- Fourth Grade: Arrive/line-up outside of the cafeteria doors. Dismiss through parking lot doors on east side of the building at 3:35.
- Fifth Grade: Arrive/line-up outside of the cafeteria doors. Dismiss through parking lot doors on east side of the building at 3:35.
- Parking will be a major problem. Please plan on walking with your child if you are within walking distance…great exercise and less frustration with parking and traffic! You will not be allowed to park and leave your vehicle on Alber, only drop students off.
So what can parents, teachers and students do to help during the construction? Well, we can be patient and understanding with each other. Perhaps you walk from home, or park 1-2 blocks away and then walk. Please talk to your children to stay away from the road construction. And finally, please be considerate of each other and all of our families at William Ford.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me in the office at 313-827-6400.
Principal, William Ford Elementary
Dearborn Public Schools is pleased to host the
Dearborn Schools MACRAO College Fair
September 20, 2016
Ford Community and Performing Arts Center
15801 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn 48126
Representatives from more than 60 different post-secondary schools will be available to talk with students. This event is open to all Dearborn schools and surrounding districts!
Just a few of the participating educational institutions include:
- Central Michigan
- College for Creative Studies
- Eastern Michigan
- Grand Valley State
- Henry Ford College
- Kettering University
- Lawrence Tech.
- Michigan State
- Northern Michigan
- Oakland University
- Saginaw Valley
- University of Detroit Mercy
- University of Michigan
- University of Windsor
- University of Illinois- Chicago
- Columbia College- Chicago
- Savanna College of Art & Design
- Syracuse University
- Gannon University
Plus many other
- Trade Schools
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- U.S. Armed Forces
For more Information e-mail:Welmerg@dearbornschools.org