On Tuesday, June 2nd from 12:00-3:00 many teachers will be at William Ford to deliver any personal items students have in the classroom. Items have been placed in bags and will be available for pick-up. The schedule is below;
- Last Name beginning with A: 12:00-1:00
- Last Name beginning with B-M: 1:00-2:00
- Last Name beginning with N-Z: 2:00-3:00
Parents and Students are asked to stay in their vehicles, park next to a cone on Ternes or Alber, and a staff member will come to you with the bagged personal items. If you walk, please wait near the flag pole gathering area and a staff member will help you.
Parents, please make a simple paper sign for your car window with the name, grade and teacher of all your children. Make sure the name is visible from the outside of the car by placing the sign on the passenger window. This will help staff quickly get your items.
If students have a library book, textbook, musical instrument, etc. they can bring it on Tuesday. No return of Chromebooks at this time.
Items not picked up on Tuesday will be kept until June 12th and then discarded, recycled or sent to a charitable organization.
William Ford Students and Families…we THANK YOU for all of your hard work, patience, resilience and your partnership with all of us at William Ford! We salute you! We will be back soon…stronger and kinder!
After every storm comes a rainbow!
Sincere thanks to Zaina Fardous and Prosigns for donating and installing this sign for William Ford!
Do you have a child who will turn five before December 1st? If so, they are eligible for Young 5s or Kindergarten at William Ford Elementary. See below the steps to register your child for Young 5s or Kindergarten at William Ford for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Watch this presentation for all the information you need: Click HERE!
- Come to William Ford on Tuesday, May 12th between 12:00-2:00 to pick up a special packet with registration papers and a few summer supplies for your child!
- Enroll online, OR return registration paperwork to William Ford on one of the dates below;
- Wednesday, May 13th between 9:00-10:30
- Thursday, May 14th between 12:00-2:00
- Friday, May 15th 9:00-10:30
If you have any questions, feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call William Ford’s Google Number at 313-451-3077.
Mr. Higgins will be available at William Ford on Friday morning from 9:00-10:30 for another distribution of student supplies. Parents are asked to park and come to a table near the front door for the grade level student supplies. There will be cones distanced 8 feet apart in the event there is a line. Please know your child’s grade level and teacher’s name.
On Wednesday, May 6th, teacher volunteers will be at William Ford to distribute school supplies to families for students to use at home. These supply packets may include notebooks, crayons, pencils, work packets, and more! Packets will be distributed directly to parents in their cars. Just pull up to a cone, or walk up to the distribution table, and a volunteer will get you a bag for your child. You just need to know your child’s grade and teacher’s name! See the schedule below;
9:00-9:45 Family Last Names beginning with N-Z
9:45-10:30 Family Last Names beginning with B-M
10:30-11:30 Family Last Name beginning with A
This week, the week of May 4th, is Teacher Appreciation Week! Although we are not together at school, please reach out to your child’s teacher and thank them for their work with your child. Their creativity, inspiration, determination and ingenuity is always appreciated, but is perhaps most evident this year!
Check out the most recent Virtual Visit with Dr. Maleyko about the grading policy for the final quarter of the school year. Grading Policy at all levels is discussed in the video; Mr. Adam Martin, Principal at Dearborn High School, Mrs. Rima Hassan, Principal at Woodworth Middle School and Mr. David Higgins, Principal at William Ford join Dr. Maleyko and Mr. Mustonen for this episode taped in late April.
Check it out: https://youtu.be/7C1NKrGkw7I
On Monday from 1:30-3:00, William Ford will hold another opportunity for parents to borrow a Chromebook for the rest of the school year. This Chromebook would need to be returned when students return to school in August. If you do not have any computer in your home for your child to use, or if you have several children in elementary school and only one computer, you may pick a Chromebook from us today. There will be a drive-up service today on Alber St. Stop at a cone, remain in a car, and a teacher volunteer will come to see you and make arrangements. Please note, parents are responsible for the Chromebook, including full replacement if broken.
Families at William Ford,
The Learning Continues! Please see the Video Message from Mr. Higgins about the Continuity of Learning Plan for William Ford. Also, important points from the video are below in English and Arabic. Click the link for the video: https://youtu.be/LugDb3IkC7w
Expectations of Teachers, Students and Parents
- Teachers will…
- Post assignments throughout the week.
- Be available to answer questions during posted office hours or within 24 hours by email.
- Host a minimum of two hangout meetings a week and log student attendance.
- Provide timely feedback to students, including grading assignments.
- Work with families who need alternative forms of instruction, including paper packets.
- Students will…
- Complete and submit daily assignments as instructed by teachers.
- Attend and actively participate in google hangout meetings that the teacher schedules.
- Share learning with parents.
- Email or contact my teacher if they have questions.
- Parents will…
- Provide a space for students to complete work.
- Monitor and ensure students are completing assignments.
- Respond to teacher emails or phone calls, and update contact numbers if necessary.